Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Diary 4/21/12

Why is it I wait all winter for the cauliflowers I planted last fall to be ready, and then they are all ready at the same time?  Ah well, happy to have some, but cannot eat that much cauliflower in a week!   Very warm day at 80 degrees after hardly any sun let alone warmth.  I think you could have watched the grass grow today.  The plums leafed out and the cherry trees bloomed.  I hope we don't get a hard freeze and have nice fruit for this summer and fall.  It is getting late in the year for a really hard freeze, but I hate to expect or predict anything when it comes to the weather here. The yellow squares around the tomato plants are sticky tape.  It prevents a rodent or anyone else from just walking up and eating the plant. It also catches some random insects especially leaf miners flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...