Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Diary 4/30

Tagged plants for plant sale this weekend.  Transplanted summer squash, some more tomatoes, and some of the flower plants I bought in Eugene.  This lady sells starts from her yard on her driveway.  Everything I have bought from her has done great, so hard to miss a trip for some more perennials when in the area!.  Sun came out, and I escaped the greenhouse.  The wind is fierce in between cells of light rain, so taking a break until things calm down. Then off to transplant some more of the flower plants and lettuce among the tomatoes. Much progress!  Morels are coming up.  We have only found 6 in the yard, but my son just brought me a bag of them that he picked whee there had been controlled burns last summer. That is definitely the ticket to successful morel picking, sterile with no competition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...