Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Diary 12/3


Bluebird day though still cool. Nice to see the sun after so many rainy days. Collected greenery for wreath making party on Sunday with Teri and Cheryl, friends and fellow wreath makers.  I provide the greens and the place.  Friends come with frames, ribbon and additions, make wreaths, visit, eat finger foods, and drink mulled wine and citrus punch.  If you want to come, come on from 11-5.  We have spare frames and a large box of ribbons the group has collected over the 15 years we have been doing this, so you don't have to bring anything.  Found some blooming cedar, the golden tips against the chartreuse green makes a beautiful accent on the greens of White and Douglas Fir branches.  Pruned the holly bush, only one with berries this year.  Also pruned the variegated holly bush, I bought it as a small plant in a holiday foil planter.  Now it is about 3 feet by 3 feet, though it has yet to ever have berries, hopefully someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...