Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Diary 1/9/14

The buck stops here! ha-ha~
Happy to see puddles and mud. It is raining, really raining with another good dose coming over the weekend. We are still way behind on moisture, but every bit will help. The storm this weekend will bring much needed snow to the mountains, also. Maybe the ski resorts will be able to open! Yes, there has not been enough snow to date. It may be a hot, dry summer if we don't get more of these moisture giving events in January and February. The snow pack is super important to capture later rain storms, the evaporation has a way of producing rain. If there is no snow, the weaker systems pass us by until they get to the Rockies. Bugs in the garden and fires in the forest may be the result. Fingers crossed for more storms to come~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...