Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Diary 1/7/13

While working on clean-up in the top greenhouse, I was rewarded with some great finds. I thought that the deer had eaten all the carrots when they broke in during the sub-freezing weather. But no! They ate the tops, but safely hidden beneath the soil level, there are still carrots. Then further down the bed, I was cleaning off old potato plant debris and lo and behold there were still some potatoes. The shallow ones were frozen, but deep in the soil, these few remained, hard and ready to eat. The onions were left over from some that never made bulbs. They avoided freezing somehow and are hard, sweet onions now. Looks like venison stew for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...