Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Diary 1/18/14

Climbed to the top of our property to see how the trees we planted after the forest fire were doing. The pines were really big, some up to 12 feet I'd say. The firs looked good even if they were shorter. Actually the new forest looks like it needs thinning. May have to take a few out for them to continue to grow and wildlife even be able to walk through. When I went around the corner, I was able to see the plume from the slash pile burn that is making it so smoky. Weird that I am not supposed to have any fires, but they have a waiver to light such a big one. Hmmmm...
10 year old trees  Notice denuded hillsides in the background~ Timbered Rock Fire 2002
slash burning

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...