Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Diary 1/14/14

The sun is going to break through the fog today, but later than usual as it just now arriving at almost noon. The lumber companies must be burning slash piles up the hill as the atmosphere is also smoke filled which adds to the fog being stuck in our valley; warmer air meeting colder air. I told the chickens they could come out and roam around if the sun came out, but not before as a reward for an egg yesterday! Otherwise they just hang out on the front stoop and poop. I gave my lemon tree a dose of compost tea and it is going crazy with blooms. Really there should be fruit on there now, but as an inside tree and maybe ever blooming, I will take any fruit it wants to set. I brought a wasp I found wandering around upstairs to the tree to pollinate and eat any mites that might be there. He has been spotted in the another room.
 I will bring him back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...