Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Diary 1/17/13

I left some drip lines going in the greenhouse.  The soil was so dry that nothing was happening; there was no sign of worms, microbes, or life.  In the few days the addition of a good drink has totally changed what would be called the tilth, the viability, of the soil as a living organism of sorts.  The beds are back alive and cold, but well. The clods are broken down, the clay has expanded, filling air holes up with moist dirt, all good. I will resist the urge to plant a few radishes for another little while, but I don't know how long I can hold myself off.  Remember, I am only growing for pleasure this year, not moolah, so how long a row is that? 12inches? What a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...