Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Diary 1/16/13

With all the reports of three different cougars in our area, and the fresh haunch of venison that was buried in the snow in a clearing I can see from my laundry room window, I am not surprised that the deer are hanging out in our yard.  Did some clean up yesterday afternoon as we are above the fog and the inversion plaguing the valley.  I think the temperature approached 50 degrees.  It felt really nice in the sun. As soon as we came inside, here came the deer, 7 in all, to munch on the lawn that had melted during the day.  I even raked some leaves to expose more grass for them, a duty I may regret in Spring when they fail to depart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...