Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Diary 10/7/13

Mud, tape, and texture on the two bathroom walls yesterday, thanks to my neighbor(the one who did the initial texturing and was able to match what he did before perfectly.) Closing in on painting just as hunting season and house guests arrive, ha-ha. The color I ended up with is "Summer Sky", a pale green with a hint of blue, but in other lights, a more celery tint. Yesterday was a delightful day and probably our last one that warm for this year. We spent some time getting loads of wood split and stacked at the front door. I love the look and feel of a good rick of wood. It is similar to the scene of jars of produce in the shed. I think, as I said before, that we will not have an Indian summer with endless nice days into November. I would say that autumn has been more like the old days when we would have heavy frosts in September and rain starting in October that ends up as snow by Thanksgiving. We'll see...
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...