Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Diary 7/31/13

My husband brought home a salmon for dinner. He has caught quite a few, but they have to have a certain fin clipped or else they consider them "wild". Weren't they all wild once? I really think they should let fishermen keep the first fish they catch regardless. By the time they fight a salmon to the net, the fish is worn out. Just imagine that poor fish being caught more than once only to be let go because it isn't one of the 1:4 ratio of fish that they tagged at the hatchery. It would be so good for the local economy and everyone's spirits, plus we would get to eat the fish rather than the hatchery getting to sell them for $10 each to some cannery. Confusing. The fish used to go to the penitentiaries! Lucky felons. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...