Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Diary 7/11/13

Water Boy went home yesterday after a three day visit with homesickness building. He did better than his mother, I think. Garden Girl is visiting relatives over the weekend, so it is going to be quieter for a few days. Today was such a nice day. Felt good to sit in the yard and admire the clean-up we have been doing. Still need to finish around the grapes, but there is a thick mat of grass there that doesn't pull easily. I may have to just mow it as short as possible for the grapes to rise above. I picked the first quart of raspberries for the freezer. There are gallons coming,but the baby birds are still coming to them for an easy meal.
 In fact, they were hiding here and there in the tall canes and fluttered out ahead of me as I picked. More nice days ahead and then hot again, but not triple digits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...