Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Diary 2/8/12

Finished the third rewrite of "the Book".  I have been working on it for the last five winters, it is hard to write and farm.  Anyway, I know I will have another edition, but I have reached a stopping point for a bit.  I have been consumed by the Georgian period of which I am writing.  I need a mental break and some new feedback from my next set of "editors". My sister is willing to straighten up the margins and get the punctuation of the conversation correct, bless her heart.  Another friend would tear it apart if I want. A friend may illustrate it.  Remember when books such as "Little Women" and so many others had lithographs or colored paintings?  It would go with my story line.  I hate to speak of "the Book" around my friends too much more or it is gonna seem like BS, but I am nearing the end.  It is a lousy time to sell anything, let alone a book.  There are issues like self-publishing and the eBook market to decide upon.  The first goal was a finished manuscript and I am getting close.  The second goal will be to get an opinion from a professional. There is a writer's conference this summer which I may be ready for.  You learn to pitch your book, write a query, and even talk with agents, screen writers , editors, and publishers. We'll see, and I will let you know when it is available at Barnes and Noble or as an eBook on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...