Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Diary 2/23/12

Trying to get a grip on this fast growing plum tree.

The peas are getting their next set of leaves.
Nice day and another tomorrow before a series of storms come through. Planted a few more radishes and lettuce, but I feel fairly caught up in the greenhouses, so spending time pruning as fruit trees as they are starting to show swelling buds.  You don't want to prune too early here as there can still be a cold event that can damage a section of the stem back from where you have pruned, but with buds showing, the other end of the scale is waiting too long when the trees are beginning to send energy into those tips that they don't even need to because they will be pruned.  The peas are doing well.  The temperatures of today and tomorrow will probably germinate some more seeds in the greenhouses. It is still very early, I have just been lucky to have the success I have achieved as the weather has been generally mild. No outside growth at all, that is why I have greenhouses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...