Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Diary 1/8/11

Has it really been 4 days since I lat blogged.  Wow, how time flies when you are busy entertaining a 2 year old!  Getting a schedule down and some options for play alone here, so it is getting better, but still very busy... I say these arums were already up.  Something to look at out in the yard.  I am sure crocus stems are close to up, or up, but with the cold twenty-something nights, it may be early.  Scary about all the dry weather we have had and what is predicted to remain a pattern despite La Nina set-up.  Rogueweather. com is a new website I am visiting.  The guy has some interesting things to say, and we may be in for a super dry summer which has all kinds of repercussions.  Fort me it just means a bad bug year.  The low humidity early seems to really bring on the bug hatches and if you are not paying attention because you think it is early, it can get out of control before you even realize you have a problem.  I noticed this three years ago with striped cucumber beetles.  I hope it isn't a repeat of that year, but at least I know to be vigilant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...