Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Bird Nests and Diary 6/22/15

There is a chance the Northern Lights" a phenomena caused by solar flares may be visible tonight here. I looked into it, and they are saying north of here. The best time is the three hours around midnight, so I guess I'll get up at some point and look to the southeast and maybe~ I saw them a couple times when I lived back east when I was very little, but I barely remember them. It was more about being out on the lawn with the family all wrapped up in blankets. We did the same thing to watch the very first satellite which the Russians had sent up, Sputnik.

Here is a picture of the five bird nests my daughter found while she was visiting. The feathered one in the foreground is very special. The larger feathers decorate the edges of the cup. Then smaller downier feather are worked in on the sides and inside. The bird was a professional. I doubt this was her(and his) first nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...