Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Diary 6/16/15

I have had a nice break from the hard push of keeping up around here with a visit from my daughter and her two boys. We spent time at the creek which I seem to never take time for. We saw crayfish and a large frog. We visited with friends, which again, I talk about but don't do. We went to the local park and saw a Blue Heron rookery with several nests in the same tall pine tree.In the time they have been here, my daughter has found 5 bird nests. We had quite a wind storm two weeks ago when the weather changed from so hot to the cooler pattern we are in now which must have knocked them out of the trees. I will get a picture tomorrow. We also saw a Red Shafted Flicker our neighbor had run into her window. Sad, but very beautiful to get to see so closely. All in all a nice visit. Help may be coming as soon as tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for someone who wants to help with weed eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...