Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Raspberry picking awaits...Diary 9/1/14

September already!!! Guess what I need to get out there doing? Yep, raspberry picking! They are not as throney as most berries, but I still wear long sleeves because they lightly scratch you. After a hour, your skin is pretty annoyed and raw. The trick is to lift the branch of berries away from the rest and then pick, avoiding contact with the thorns of the other canes. The prize of ripe red raspberries is worth the sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...