Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Diary 12/20/11


Went down to our property along Elk Creek this afternoon.  There is a huge portion of it that the sun is not reaching this time of year.  It was brutally cold down there, but had a raw beauty in the ice and browns. When I returned home, the cows were in the yard. So I found the cowboy, and he came and collected them.  Yea!  My son is back from an adventure to Cape Cod and NYC.  He is suffering from jet lag and culture shock.  Has lots of stories, but too tired to tell them for now.  Some more cleaning and putting things away for holiday weekend ahead on tap for tomorrow.  Going to make some Ginger Snaps, more spicy than too sweet, I hope.  One more batch of jam and that will be it until later.  Decorated side deck and need to finish with any other gee-gawness of greenery and holly.  I can get carried away, I like it so much.  Martha(Stewart) would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...