Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Diary 12/24/14

Yep, the night before Christmas. Grandkids in bed at last. Our tree is beautiful. It is a Grand Fir this year. Tomorrow will be busy, but we are going to take it slow and steady with breaks for food and Mimosas...I leave you with lyrics for a song contest I wrote. Well they are coming up incomplete, but no big deal.
Glad I get to spend Christmastime with good friends and family.


Happy Holiday

I’ll celebrate the season,
I’ll count down the days.
Children will wonder in so many ways.
But if you’re not here for Christmas,
It won’t be a Happy Holiday

I’ll go window shopping,
But all I will see.
Is a lonely reflection
Looking right back at me.
‘Cause if you’re not here for Christmas,
It can’t be a Happy Holiday.

I’ll deck up the halls,
And I’ll trim a tree.
I wrap all my presents,
And sing songs with glee.
But if you’re not here for Christmas,
It won’t be a Happy Holiday.

I’ll eat Christmas pudding,
And drink some eggnog.
I’ll watch Christmas movies,
And burn the Yule log.
But if you’re not home for Christmas,
It won’t be a Happy Holiday.

I’ll wait by the mistletoe,
I’ll imagine a kiss.
But all the time thinking
Of your arms I miss.
‘Cause if you’re not home for Christmas,
It won’t be a Happy Holiday.

Merry Christmas to all~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...