Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Diary 12/11/14

Woke up early as Garden Dog was having an anxiety attack. Must be ready to accept that he will not be with us forever. Then we had a power outage and boy was it dark! Of course most of the LED lanterns needed new batteries, so after fumbling around for a few minutes, we had lights here and there just in time for the power to come back on. Ah well, we are ready for the next time! Time for another poem...
Full Moon Walk

I walked to the creek
One clear, full-moon night.
I called to the owl,
And he answered.
His silhouette precise
Against the bright disk of the rising moon.
The shadows of trees
Striped grey across the white meadow.
As I entered,
The moon spread
A diamond-studded blanket.
My footsteps the only mar.
The shoulders of the creek bank
Held a thick frosting of snow,
And icicles dripped at the edges.
The bubbling water was trapped
Beneath a window of ice.
It soon would seize to flow.
The path grew much more slippery,
As I joined my tracks again.
The owl flew off and I turned home.
The steam of my breath puffing out into the light,
as I headed back up the hill.

23 lines


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...