Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Diary 3/23/14

Humbert Wolfe (1885-1940) was an observer of nature. Not even Hubert, Humbert has the only tulip reference in Familiar Quotes. He wrote in 1924:
Tulip

Clean as a lady,
cool as glass,
fresh without fragrance
the tulip was.
  I like this one, too:

The Gray Squirrel

Like a small gray
coffee pot
sits the squirrel.
These are only
the first stanzas, and they deserve further reading if I can find them.
Happy Sunday, very sunny here today with a week of showers on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...