Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Diary 9/13

I had to run off some open range cows this evening as they edged ever closer to the blueberry area.  Don't get me started about "range rights".  It seems a bit archaic.  Anyway, the fence I put up, the non-electrified one, seems to be working.  PLEASE don't tell the cows.  It is the calves that are the trouble makers.  They will get through a fence and then the mother's cow's instincts take over.  There isn't a fence that will keep her from her bawling baby.  I just want a little more time to get the corn and winter squash in.  Had a few ears of corn over the weekend, and now quite a bit is finishing up. The winter squash is not in a fenced area.  So far, they have been left alone, but I hate to press my luck.  New help coming on Friday, so maybe Saturday we will have a squash harvest session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...