Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

What skunks are good for: Diary 9/23/15

Yes, when a skunk lets go of his scent it is not fun. It happens often here in our rural location. Kinda doesn't even bother me that much anymore~ Skunks do riffle through the recycle looking for tidbits, so I have to clean cans very well. They will eat any cat food left out, so I bring food in at night. (Raccoons and foxes, too.) They will climb in cars if they think there is something great in there, so have to keep windows up at night. They do catch rodents. What they are really good for is routing out these yellow jacket wasp nests. I didn't even know I had been working by two such nests in the ground until the skunk got to them. Stepping in or on or near one of these can result in multiple stings.
Thank you, Skunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...