Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11:Diary 9/11/15

Just saying 9/11, brings a cringe. It brings back visual memories of planes descending on buildings and into the ground, of dusty firemen, of flags flying, and rights lost. It has a mixture of feelings that come with it and hopefully hate is not one of them. I have to say that the impact has been far reaching and extreme in some cases. It set the tone for the new millennium, and only now do I feel a shroud of darkness beginning to come off. Though I do not wish to downplay the sacrifices made by public servants that day, I do remind us all that we have lost many usually private rights, and have taken on opinions which may have less basis than reality. 

I won't go Michael Moore on you now as this is a garden blog, but I do hope our respect for each other and those we don't know is not permanently damaged by fear. Enough said.

I have let the greenhouses go a little crazy. Glad for what the deer and gophers are leaving me as they eat the rest whenever I am not fully on duty. One more horrifically dry day to survive and then big changes coming by the middle of next week. Hoping for relief~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...