Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Diary 5/19/15

We have zoomed past the middle of May. Memorial Day weekend is coming up, the official start of summer, and I am just getting the garden in. No one told me this is how it would be in older age. Time will speed up! I try to figure out if I am wasting time, or using my time less efficiently. Maybe the hour on the internet cuts in, but I don't watch much TV, so that swaps out in my mind. I get up early. Before I have coffee, I have fed the animals. 15 minutes later and most of a cup of coffee, I am doing any dishes from the night before, starting a load of laundry and maybe sweeping a floor. I make lists I can't possibly accomplish, and I see the edges closing in, needing attention. The yard is a wreck; the mower is broken. The garden is coming along, but I spend 2 to 3 hours a day just weeding to get 1 hour of planting and pruning in. I am sore all the time, and I am exhausted and thinking about bed at 8:30! I want to be a dog...
or maybe a cat...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...