Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Random egg facts: Diary 2/21/15

Some egg facts: When putting eggs into a carton for storage, always put then point down. This way, the bubble on the inside of the shell will be open to air and the egg will stay fresh longer. If trying to pick eggs to put under a broody hen, the more pointy ones will be roosters 8 times out of 10. So if you want hens, pick the roundest eggs to put under your mother hen. Want to know if your eggs are fresh? Float them in a glass of water. Fresh eggs will drop to the bottom. Older eggs that are building up gas will bob up and down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...