Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Diary 11/26/14

Getting ready for feasting. Hope you are, too. Best wishes. Time for another poem. This one won Honorable Mention(4th place) in a contest of 35 poems. OK, maybe I am a poet and don't know it~

Fog in the Garden

The fog sneaks into view out my window,
Easing its way between the trees and lawn chairs to the grass.
It covers the pond with gauze,
Hiding the water’s features and the surrounding ground.
Bushes turn to tissues and flowers disappear,
Merging void and mass into one continuous wall of nothingness.
Shapes no longer have edges,
Floating in a liquid suspension of mist, smeared by vapors.
The once defined space of the garden is now limitless,
Revealing no ceiling of sky, no floor of earth.
I watch the white veil close as the fog blends near and far,
Cloaking the familiar scene with invisibility.

1 comment:

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...