Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Diary 10/13/14

I saw the most amazing thing on yesterday down in the valley. There were about 80 to 100 vultures all circling in a huge circle as if there were a dead animal below. Only there were so many of them. All around the edges and off in the distance others were flying in to join them. It was a reunion of sorts. I think I have seen a smaller version of this before, but never so many together. They were all planning on flying south together. They don't go too far for winter, some just to the Sacramento area, so the flight would not take them long, and they were all going to go together. What happens on the other end? Would they fan out to their winter favorite places? I think when they return in March that they come to the valley first and then break off into groups to get back to the areas they will live in over the summer. I am going to pay better attention. Phenomenal vultures~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...