Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Post Easter Eggs?

 What to do with those lovely eggs? There is deviled eggs, of course, and the old stand-by, egg salad sandwiches. Here is another option for what to do with those eggs we so happily dyed a dozen of.

 This year I made a basic brine of 1 part water to 3 parts vinegar which I heated to a boil, then added  two tablespoons salt and a tablespoon each of dried basil and dill seed. I let it cool and poured it into a glass canning jar, subsequently tossing in the slightly colored hard-boiled eggs for a good snack of pickled eggs that I don't have to eat right away as they actually gain more flavor the longer they sit in the brine. I don't plan to keep them forever, no thousand day eggs or anything, but it seems like another way to make use of the fun product we created last weekend.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...