Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Diary 4/5/14

Now is the time to eat dandelion greens. Once they flower, it may be too late as the taste gets bitter quickly. The greens have all kinds of top of the line nutrients, Vitamin A, Folic acid, and the benefits of greens as anti-oxidants. Hidden in a salad, they taste like endive or radicchio, bitter, but interesting. If the flowers go to seed, other than making a wish and blowing seeds all over, the goldfinches will arrive to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...