Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Diary 8/9/14

The table grapes are looking luscious, but definitely not ready. I tried a couple and boy were they sour!
So the weather is shaping up to be crazy again with some potent thunderstorms on the way. The Rogue Weather Guy explains that there is a thing called CAPE, convective air potential energy, that usually runs in the 1000 to 1500 jules/kilogram of air, jules being the unit of measure. The storms on Monday are looking to be in the 2500 jules/kg range or alot of potential for energy=lightning. We already have fires everywhere and resources stretched thin, but this event looks like it may add substantially to the problem as the first part of the storm will have no moisture associated with it. Fingers crossed with lots of respect for what these storms can do~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...