Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Diary 11/11/11

Tomorrow is opening day of the week-long black powder muzzle loader elk season.  If you are anti-hunting, you may not wish to visit my blog for a few days.  For us it is all part of the life here.  Elk are prolific and they are excellent food, low cholesterol, tastes like rich beef, and though alot of work to harvest, somewhat inexpensive to gather.  Much skill is involved in both the hunt and the shot placement, and subsequently the processing of the meat until it is in nice white paper-wrapped packages in the freezer. We are lucky to have this food source and we honor that privilege by wasting as little as possible. Even the scraps go to the dog and cat who are always appreciative. Best of luck to the hunters.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am with you. We let 2 hunters hunt near or on our property. There are just way too many deer which is damaging to our native plants, not to mention to them when there are so many. I don't hunt myself but I am glad that other people do.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...