Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Diary 12/6/13

We, like so much of the country, are going to get smacked with a winter storm. The snow has started and there will be constant snow all day. Then after the low pressure passes by off to bother the rest of the country, we will have single digit temps tomorrow night. So we have hunkered down with plenty of everything. The internet satellite will no doubt go down soon. We have LED lanterns and battery powered tap lights( gone are the days of burning kerosene
Honeysuckle bloom in the sunny cold yesterday while the storm clouds began to arrive
lamps that could set a house on fire when your water was frozen...), our water is trickling in the sink, and we are keeping an oak or madrone log burning brightly at all times. Wishing safety and warmth to all those across the area who are dealing with this and much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...