Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Diary 9/15

Last night we had a visitor.  Big and probably fairly black, it cut quite a silouette against the light background of the plastic greenhouse wall.  I wasn't there to see it, but I can just imagine the size of the bear that made this imprint so deep and precise in the dust. 15 bags today.  A good harvest of new raspberries and plenty of strawberries to add in.  Rain due for Friday and through the weekend, so will harvest more of what I can tomorrow.  I will try to put a plastic sheet over a couple melon areas that don't need the water on them.  Worth a try, instead of losing them to spliting.  Look forward to a showery weekend and getting some "fall" cleaning done.  It feels like things are changing.  They say La Nina is back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...