Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Diary 2/19/14

It is snowing, but I suspect, not for long. We had the huge storm in early December and then nothing. Now we have had over 8 and 1/2 inches of rain for the first half of February. Though it helps, it is still not the snow pack that makes for more rain later. Ah well. Hoping for a mild spring and not the sudden hot, dry days that are so hard on little buds. The male robins arrived last week and with the overload of rain, they were feasting on worms in our yard in large groups. The deer are back around, loving the grass and clover which is also
replenishing with the rain. They hop around listening for the worms underground, then pounce, poke their bills into the wet dirt and bring up wiggling treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...