Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Diary 4/9/13

Garden Girl has headed north again for a bit so I am going around putting away toys and art supplies.  Outside it is pretty wet to do much without making a mess, but inside the greenhouse, I am working on planting the next round of spinach, carrots, lettuce, and greens.  I stuck in a few bush beans seeds and zucchini to see what happens.  The dirt felt neutral to me and that is a good sign of the right temperature for germinating these warmer weather loving vegetables.  I have been amazed at how early I can have beans in the greenhouse, so I am pushing that date back even more.  There are thousands of self sowed tomatoes.  Anyone's guess as to what they are.  I am moving some of the nicest ones into a bed for early tomatoes.  Hoping they are not ALL cherry tomatoes. Violas are everywhere in the top greenhouse which makes it very cheery in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...