Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Diary 11/10/12

We had a skiff of snow this morning.  I mean a skiff.  Across the draw and up the hill I could see that it stuck to the trees, but still no major event. The temperature was only 33.8, so maybe not going to freeze in the greenhouses as I suspected.  With all the covering I have done, produce may continue past this weekend. Every time I harvest, I think it is the last.  So it becomes more precious as time goes by.  If I can keep the deer out, there is plenty of vegetables to eat over the winter.  I totally forgot that I had planted this bed of spinach as it was covered.  Happy surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...