Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Diary 5/19/14

This Salmon Berry hedge is located in our orchard under a Gravenstein apple tree which until my son branched the large Douglas Fir trees above was way too shady. Now the whole area is standing tall this year with the new sunlight they are receiving. Maybe they will even make berries, not that they ever have much flavor, but they are the black bear's favorite to eat, leaves and all. (Not that I want to lure in any black bears!)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know, it might be pretty neat to see a black bear in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seen plenty of prints! Remember me seeing bears last year? I was so hoping to see them again this year, but maybe not in the garden. Hope you are having fun in CO. Have other ex-woofers there in Boulder if you want to have a reunion!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...