Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Diary 3/21/14

Welcome Spring! The days are starting out so cold with serious freezing. Not sure how many blooms on the plum trees will set fruit. Luckily, most of the apples are not even thinking about blooming, but the cherries are starting to follow the plum trees suit. The plums have so many blossoms that some usually protect others. Doesn't seem like cherries have so profuse of blooms and may not fare as well. The trees may all get a break this year. Up on the mountain, the huckleberries may try to bloom early also as there is no snow pack covering them. Frosts continue into June up there. Nature has a way of producing fruit somewhere else when these events occur. It is more important to animals than to me who can go to the market and get peaches from Chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...