Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Diary 9/8/13

Back from a camping/hunting trip to the Umpqua Divide where the North and South Umpqua Rivers vie for water rights. Incredible vistas, disastrous forest fire remnants, and water everywhere on that side of the mountain. Great huckleberries, too!  Set up camp at 6000', near Black Rock on the edge of the Rogue/Umqua Divide Wilderness. Weather was perfect, not too cold at night and not too hot during the day, but that all will change soon. Coyotes sounded off several times, and woodpeckers were working on the burned out trees. Rock formations indicate a  serious uplift zone with volcanic layers covered by sedimentary sea basin layers now sitting on top of the mountain. Wildflower meadows and marsh lands full of ferns just down hill.



I had a good view of a young black bear, and many ruffed grouse. A new favorite place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...