Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Diary 11/10


A quick trip to the Eugene area to look at some OLD bluelerry plants Blueberry Bob is selling on Craigslist.  They have been rescued from a farm outside of the Portland area.  They are huge and hopefully we can get them transplanted happily.  Blueberries have not been happy here.  I think the red clay soil is a difficult starting point.  On the way to see the plants I saw this field of winter squash hardening up and in row for harvesting.  Trust me on this as the pictures are not great.  Also we saw three double rainbows.  Again, the photography is not top notch!  Harvesting some of the last tomatoes in the lower greenhouse so I can pull plants.  There are the perennial flowers to clean up in there also.  Figs are ripening, but the foxes have figured that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...